WNBA/Washington offers its members a host of opportunities to broaden their skills and to become involved in the organization and in the community. Each of the following areas has a coordinator or chairperson who would be more than happy to discuss matching her area’s activities with your interests. Just a few of the activities in each area are listed below:
- Programs: Pitching topic ideas for programs, identifying/contacting speakers; coordinating program refreshments; handling logistics; working a registration table.
- Signature Newsletter: Writing articles or book reviews; editing; proofing; suggesting topics for articles.
- Publicity: Contacting press about the programs; distributing flyers; writing press releases; identifying outlets for WNBA news.
- Membership: Managing the member database; calling to welcome new members; assisting with program registration desks; keeping track of renewals and new memberships; handling information inquiries.
- Service: Coordinating service opportunities for the membership; working with our service project, The Reading Connection, which is a literacy outreach program for children living in shelters and safe houses.
There are also several board positions open. Please contact someone on the board if you are interested in holding any of these postitions:
- Vice President
- Program Co-Chair
- Publicity Chair
- Literacy Chair
- Literary Map Chair
- Bookwoman Correspondent
- At-Large Member